Part Time Administrative Assistant (20 hrs/week)
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
DIVISION: Rocky Mountain Farmers Union Foundation
REPORTS TO: RMFU Foundation Director
WRITTEN/UPDATED: February 2023
II. PURPOSE OF POSITION
To assist staff, members, and the board of directors, with all-matters of operational and administrative requests.
III. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the RMFU Foundation Director as needed and directed.
- Assist the Cooperative Development and Education Program Directors with various needs as they arise, e.g., correspondence, editing, arranging meetings, data input.
- Assist the referenced directors with developing workshops and all staff with regards to the annual convention and board meetings as requested.
- Assisting with travel, lodging and meal arrangements when necessary.
- Provide information to Communications Team regarding updating website, social media, outreach database, keeping them active and current.
- Verify accuracy of publications.
- Assist with publication, data collection, verify camper information, and operation of annual cooperative youth camps.
- Assist with publication, collect prizes and auction items, arrangement of facilities and operation of Harvest Moon Gala.
IV. OTHER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILTIES
- Help coordinate facility arrangements for meetings and special events such as camps, workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
V. SUPERVISORY DUTIES
VI. POSITION QUALIFICIATIONS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiator of ideas and programs.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet a multitude of deadlines.
- Good skills with the Microsoft Office Suite products and Publisher.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
- Willingness to pitch in where needed even if duties are beyond the “normal” administrative assistant responsibilities and tasks.
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two years’ previous experience, preferred.
VII. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods, to have extensive use of arms, legs hands and fingers, to talk, see and hear and to have the capacity to lift of move up to thirty pounds.
- Occasional travel as needed.
PAY: $20-$25/hour DOE
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Ben Rainbolt at email@example.com