Media Releases, Legislative News, Agricultural Updates
RMFU Announces Opening for Vice-President of the Organization
Calling all RMFU members!
The RMFU Board of Directors has declared a vacancy for the position of Vice-President of RMFU due to the election of Chad Franke to President. The Vice-President that will be selected shall serve through the 115th RMFU Annual Convention which will be held November 17-18, 2023, in Greeley at the DoubleTree Hotel. As per the RMFU bylaws, the board has to fill the position within 30 days which would be December 19, 2022
The RMFU Board has set the following procedure for the application and selection of the new Vice-President.
- Applicants must be a regular member of RMFU in good standing
- Applicants must submit a letter of application and current resume
- Information shall include a detailed list of involvement with RMFU and local chapter
- Applicants must commit to attending the activities of the RMFU Board:
- Attend the Following RMFU Board meetings:
- February 3-4 in Denver
- April 25-26 in Aurora
- July 24-25 in Pueblo
- October 9- 10 in Denver
- November 16 in Greeley
- Leadership Summit
- RMFU Preconvention and Annual Convention in Greeley
- Other optional activities:
- Agriculture Forum/Hall of Fame in Denver February 23
- National Farmers Union convention in San Francisco, March 5-7
- RMFU/FUSA Golf Tournament in Castle Pines, June 29
- NFU Fly-in in Washington D.C. in September
Applications are due to Ben Rainbolt at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 9, 2022.
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom on December 13 between 8:00 a.m. and Noon.
All questions and applications should be directed to RMFU Executive Director Ben Rainbolt at email@example.com or (970) 283-3536.
RMFU Vice President
DIVISION: Rocky Mountain Farmers Union (RMFU)
REPORTS TO: Members
WRITTEN/UPDATED: October 2017
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To be elected by the Members to serve as Vice President of the organization
- Serves as member of the Board of Directors
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors
- Attends Annual Meeting for the organization
- In the absence, disability, or failure to perform duties, shall perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President
- Presides at meetings in the absence of the President
- May represent the organization at other meetings
- Assists the President in any activities of the board
- Serves on committees as appointed by the Chairman
- Serves as Chairman of the Policy Committee
- Additional authority, powers, and duties as assigned by the President
- RMFU member in good standing
- Leadership experience preferred
- Previous service on Board of Directors preferred
- Knowledge and philosophy consistent with the organization
- Leadership and Parliamentary Procedure skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organizing and prioritizing skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Time commitment and willingness to serve the organization and its members
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Position requires travel. Director must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and their own vehicle and be willing to travel by car and commercial airline as may be needed, and to spend consecutive days away from home.
Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods, to have extensive use of arms, legs hands and fingers, to talk, see and hear and to have the capacity to lift of move up to thirty pounds.
Interested in Agriculture?
Share your voice and help shape the future of farming and ranching in the Rocky Mountain region.
Become a Member